Monday, January 5, 2015

Reflective Writing: Master's of Photography Project

My perception of "digital photography" changed from an art form only delineating sophistication & beauty to a more profound view. I've also gained a lot of experience during this project, not only by practicing my own eye and feeling and interpreting Strand's photography, but by observation of my group member's excellent progress as well. I've learned that each person is unique in what they choose to capture and how. I was especially impressed by Vedant's work; I appreciate his sense of proportion and aestheticism. Travis' photographs had an intriguing flare to them and so did Nicole's. Nicole was the most enthusiastic person of the group: you can really see how much energy is put into her work.

1. I honestly found that inspiration comes to me when I least expect it. I spend a lot of time in the pre-planning period of things and find it difficult to execute the actual task due to my neurotic perfectionism. The process is messy for me and I eventually am able to put together something I feel is good, not necessarily following any rules or guidelines.
2. My understanding of photography has definitely changed throughout the school year. I see the process behind it and have felt the flutter of excitement that fills your entire being once you know you've captured a photograph in your trademark, through your perspective and your perspective only. I've learned to look at something at all angles, intuitively choosing the most fitting.
3. The benefits of working in a group are that you can exchange advice and perhaps the different styles and inspirations that could be found from others subtly shows up in your own photography.
4. Some of the disadvantages are being overly dependent on others for direction, thus inhibiting your own creative process.
5. Things I would have done differently: find better places to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment