Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Final Exam

  1. A photo that I've taken that has changed how I viewed photography would be one of the photos in my presentation project , specifically this one.  The reason why is because of the memories associated with that photo, the feeling and rush of adrenaline, the encapsulating view of the race track. Mostly, it is the emotions attached to that image. I remember the first time I tried indoor Karting. I kept hitting all the barriers and spinning out all the time because I would panic whenever I reached high speeds. Slowly, I learned how to be okay with losing control and most of all, trusting that I wouldn't mess up. It was only when I began to notice I was doing okay, that I had started to lose focus and mess up from the fear of it. The experience of Karting has taught me a lesson about life: the importance of confidence and how a lack of it can send you in a self-perpetual cycle of fear and failure. This was a transformative photo for me. Number 25 hits the apex perfectly and I was able to capture this while everything was in motion. 
  2. The difference between shape and form is that shape is normally two-dimensional and flat and is created through lines, color, and texture, whereas form is a three-dimensional photo with depth and it uses principles of design since it has length, width and depth. 
  3. The difference between pattern and repetition is that repetition is repeating the same element, but not necessarily forming a pattern out of all the elements, whereas pattern gives order. Repetition causes the eye to look from point to point.
  4. Movement is when your eye moves from place to place and focuses primarily on a focal area. It often creates flow in the photo. 
  5. Of the last three projects, I believe my presentation project was the best. This is because I had the most fun photographing it, and I was really engaged in my subject. It was also an experimental time with shooting objects in motion, which was tremendously difficult. For an hour straight, I persisted in getting a clear photo and the work paid off. I also was manually focusing the camera, so that was another additional challenge. This project changed me psychologically, in how I decided to be confident in my abilities to kart and fully enter "the zone." It was a very freeing experience and I learned a lot from engaging and documenting that kind of adrenaline-inducing activity. I saw challenges as a way to overcome failure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment